Friday 13 November 2015

JUMPERS FOR CHICKENS

Hi everyone

Today I will be chatting to you about jumpers for chickens - yes you heard me right jumpers for chickens.

You may have seen it in the media a while back.

They are jumpers for rescued battery farmed chickens who have stopped producing enough eggs.

These poor chickens lose their feathers from the stress of being caged up for their whole lives.


Happily for some lucky few hens they get rescued by some very lovely people out there.


I have linked down below hencam.co.uk.  Not only can you get yourself the knitting pattern for the splendid chicken jumpers but you can see how the rescued hens are enjoying their new lives.

Here is my attempt at a chicken jumper.




Mine is very colourful because it is a great way to use up your odds and sods of wool.  I really enjoyed knitting them, not only because I found it rather easy to sit and watch my favorite programmes on TV while knitting but also because I knew it was going to be adorning a rescued happy chicken.  

I've always hated the idea of an animal being treated so badly by us humans just for the pleasure of filling our tummy's (no I'm not a veggie).  

Please give this wee quick project a go and feel great knowing you are helping keep the rescued chickens warm while they grow their feathers back.  I know this won't be the one and only chicken jumper I knit.

All the details of where to send your jumpers once you have finished is in the link below.

Cheerio till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment