Saturday 2 April 2016

SOCKTASTIC

Hi everyone

So lets talk socks.  I have 2 finished pairs of socks to show you.

The first pair are knitted from cotton yarn that I purchased in Lidls of all places.  I fancied trying to knit a rib pattern.  I knit rib 1x1 for the cuff.  The pattern for the sock was knit 3, purl 1 for the round.  


My lovely mother in law had given me some of the same wool months ago which I used to knit a wee girls dress.  I still had some left over so I used it to add a bit of contrasting colour to the heel and toes. 


Next time I would use the contrasting colour to knit the heel flap too, because you can't see much of the colour on the heel.  


I have been loving wearing these.  They did fall down my leg a little, so I took some elasticated thread and weaved it on the inside of the cuff and secured it tightly so it wouldn't come undone.  It works a treat.


The second pair of socks that I have finished are a similar pink colour but with multi-coloured strips after ever 7 main colour round.  The pinky wool I used is a baby wool.  I wouldn't think you could get in your local wool shop anymore because I found it in a second hand shop and it looked quite old. (I find some great bargains when it comes to wool in my local second hand shops.  Give it ago I really recommend it.)  


They are shorter then the other pairs of socks I have knitted but I love them.  If you can remember the socks I knitted and gave to my mum they were knitted in the yarn that I used for the strips in these socks.  I had some left over so I thought I would give it a go.  I really like how they have turned out.  



I decided to just knit the heel with the main colour and use the mutli-coloured yarn for the toe.

I have a pattern written down in my notebook just to keep me right but they really aren't hard to master.  If you want me to blog the sock patterns please leave a comment and let me know.

I'm not knitting socks at the moment but I'm sure it wont be too long until I'm back knitting them.  I found it so pleasing and now that I have mastered knitting them to fit my feet its not so hard a job. 

Cheerio till next time.
  






No comments:

Post a Comment