Saturday 2 April 2016

BEAUTIFUL

Hi everyone

It was my birthday in March and I was spoilt rotten as usual.  My family are so good to me.  I'm very lucky.


Any body who knows me, knows I love yarn.  So my mum got me some very lovely red yarn from her local wool shop (which is situated in the Courtyard - Carrickfergus.)  Mum is very lucky cos she has 2 great wool shops in her town.  Where I live is lacking a bit in wool shops.  There is 1 wee shop, but it doesn't sell any of the fancy wool that people are used to now - to be honest that is probably a good thing, because I would be out a fortune.

Anyway back to the lovely red wool.



Isn't it just the nicest.  It has wee red sequins all over it.  I haven't found a project for it yet.  Mum reckons I should make some mittens.  Would the sequins get in the way though when your wearing them?  Let me know what you think I should knit.

I also got some lovely yarn this week when I was away on holiday for the night.  
My sister in law had gifted us a night away in a hotel in Arklow, Co. Wicklow for Christmas.  

I highly recommend taking a trip there it's so lovely and relaxing.


We went for a walk up the street the first day and from a distance and without my glasses on may I add (usually I can't see anything in the distance if I don't have my glasses on) I saw a sign for wool.  I was determent to have a look the next day before we headed off.  So the next day after breakfast I got my yarn radar on and headed out to see what delights where about.  I wasn't disappointed at all.  The shop was full of all the wool you could think of and more.  I homed in on some skeins of multi-coloured wool and found 1 I just couldn't resist.  I was on holiday so I treated myself as you do.



Imagine what it will look like when it is knitted up - just beautiful.  I also got to use my skein holder for the first time.  It works a treat.


I had my ball of yarn in no time at all.


This also doesn't have a project, but because of the beautiful colours and also the yarn it's self is so lovely to touch I was thinking of adding it into a blanket of some kind.

I can't wait to knit them up and show you all what I've created.

Cheerio till next time.








No comments:

Post a Comment