Wednesday 3 February 2016

YOUR MISSION IF YOU CHOICE TO EXPECT IT ... IS TO PERFECT SOCK KNITTING

Hi everyone

After the disaster with the hubby's socks I knitted I decided not to give up.  


My hubby is harsh on shoes and socks at the best of times. I've decided to knit socks for myself at the moment to see if I can perfect my sock knitting technique - I am definitely not so harsh on my socks lol. 

As you all know I live in Northern Ireland and I was in Larne last week for a day out cos I was on my holidays.  We found a lovely little wool shop called Zig Zag and I treated myself to a sock knitting kit.




Some of you sock knitting expects might know this brand of wool. It was so fun to knit up and it came with a pattern for beginners. Unfortunately the pattern (which had pictures to accompany the written instructions) I thought wasnt the best so I went online and did a wee bit of changes but not many.

I recommend getting yourself a kit like this if you are starting out.  It came with everything you need to knit your socks - the knitting needles size 2.5mm, 2 balls of wool and the pattern. 




(I apologise for my very bruised leg - I bruise like a peach). 

The wool knitted up a very funky colourful pair of socks, which I love.

I think this is the start of a love affair with sock knitting.  

I am in the process of looking around for some sock blockers to help with keeping my hand knit socks in the right shape when I wash them. Of course what with them being socks I would wash them every time I wear them. I think one of the mistakes I made with the hubby's socks is that I washed them in the washing machine.  This time round I am always going to hand wash them.


More knitting adventures coming soon. 

Cheerio till next time




No comments:

Post a Comment