Sunday 24 January 2016

SOCK DISASTER

Hi everyone

This evening I was doing some clothes washing & among the bundle was hubbies socks I knitted him a few months ago. He loved them so much.

The washing machine had finished its cycle & I started to hang up the wet clothes only to my horror to find the socks in holy ruin.



The wool I used was really quite thin. I'm not sure what is happening because the socks I knitted hubby the time before this got such a big hole in them they weren't salvageable. Is it because I didn't hand wash them or is the wool I used not sturdy enough for socks?  Please let me know what you would do. 

I think the next time I knit socks I'm going to buy some decent wool specifically for socks & just hand wash them. 

It's a bit disheartening but I guess it gives me an excuse to knit some more. 

Cheerio till next time. 


1 comment:

  1. I think you could darn them -then you could show people could to do it on your blog xx

    ReplyDelete