Friday 27 May 2016

WOLF WILDER BOOK REVIEW

Hi everyone

Today I'm reviewing Wolf Wilder. It is known as a kids book but I am not the type of gal who says you can only read adult books if your an adult and only read kids books if your a kid. 

Everything about this book is delicious. 

 

The front cover alone is very beautiful.  I know they say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but come on this cover just says "read me, read me". 

About Wolf Wilder

 

Feodora and her mother live in a snowbound woods of Russia, in a house full of food and fireplaces. Ten minutes away, in a ruined chapel, lives a pack of wolves. Feodora's mother is a wolf wilder, and Feo is a wolf wilder in training. A wolf wilder is the opposite of an animal tamer: it is a person who teaches tamed animals to fend for themselves, and to fight and to run, and to be wary of humans. When the murderous hostility of the Russian Army threatens her very existence, Feo is left with no option but to go on the run.  What follows is a story of revolution and adventure, about standing up for the things you love and fighting back, and of course wolves. 

The illustrations in this book are just yummy. 

 

 

As must of you know I'm a cat person, but there is just something about wolves that you can't deny is very beautiful and mysterious. 

I also love the idea that she lives in cold snowy woods in Russia.  I am really not a summer person. I love the Autumn and the winter much more. So anything with these climates in them really appeal to me. 

It is well written so not only kids but adults would enjoy this book too.

I love reading aloud to my hubby at bed time.  We have another book on the go but I feel like Wolf Wilder would be a great book to read aloud and share with your children or even your husband.  
Below is some benefits that you gather from reading aloud. 


I know that this book will be on my book shelves for many a moon.

Have you read this book or are you planning to read it?  Comment and let me know what you thought of it. 

Cheerio till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment